Workplace Safety & Comfort
Occupational therapy is, more often than not, associated with helping people in the workplace – for good reason. We specialise in enabling people to reach their potential by working efficiently and preventing injury.
Find out how we can help with:
- Your comfort
- Your safety
- Your workplace environment
Occupational Overuse Syndrome (OOS) or Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) is probably the most common injury in workplaces. The condition develops mainly due to overuse of muscles, constant straining and constricted postures – and can be a long term problem. The best treatment is prevention.
Preventing OOS can be as simple as having good posture, setting up your workstation ergonomically, regular stretching and strengthening, or even adjusting noise levels and lighting.
Here’s how OTRS can help:
- Ergonomic workstation assessment - identifying risks, planning solutions
- How to manage tasks to reduce the risk of injury
- Return to work rehabilitation
We offer professional safety advice and training to people in any workplace or industry.
The range of topics is never-ending, so call us on 0800 687 748 to discuss your requirements. If we can’t help out, we’ll point you in the right direction.
Here are some of the common safety topics we cover:
- Injury prevention
- Medical driving assessment to ascertain fitness to drive after illness or injury
- Safety, seating and driving modification for commercial drivers
Providing a safe and healthy working environment is not only a legal requirement for employers, it’s crucial to productivity and a good workplace culture. Preventing accidents or injuries is not only proactive, it shows you care. And people like that.
We can help with:
- On-site evaluation and education by experienced health professionals
- Risk assessments for your premises
- Injury prevention
- Best practice guidelines for employee well-being and safety within the workplace